Skin is unpredictable. One day it can look beautifully smooth and poreless, whilst the next it can be breakout central. Some of us experience dryness, others experience oiliness or acne, an unlucky few experience it all. Fortunately, there are a few things that we can all do, no matter what our skin type, to keep our skin looking it’s best:
- Drink lots of water! This one’s easy, always keep a bottle of water with you and you’re set. Water intake causes your skin to look a little brighter, whilst wrinkles and pores look a little less prominent.
- Do. Not. Touch. Your. Face. I am so guilty of this one. Whenever you touch your face (leaning on your hands, rubbing your eyes, picking spots etc) the dirt and bacteria on your hands are transferred to your face, which could lead to breakouts.
- Healthy Diet. Whilst you don’t need to cut out things like dairy, chocolate and foods high in sugar completely, it’s best to keep your intake fairly low. Eat more fruit and vegetables and you’ll see the difference in your skin.
- Exfoliate! Your skin is constantly renewing itself. Help it out by getting rid of the dead skin cells on the surface. Don’t overdo it though.
- SLEEP. It’s called beauty sleep for a reason. Sleep gives your cells time to regenerate, meaning that if you get the right amount of it, you’ll wake up looking refreshed and feeling good. That next Netflix episode can wait until tomorrow.
- Moisturise! Whatever your skin type, moisturising is a must. It leaves you with dewy youthful looking skin and, if you wear makeup, creates the perfect base.
- Get Active. This is a good idea regardless! Exercising keeps your body happy (as long as you’re not overdoing it) and it will show on your skin. Sweating helps your body release toxins too.
For my actual skincare routine, check out How I Got Rid of my Acne!
If you’ve got any more tips, leave them down in the comments.