Some days we just don’t feel great, and that’s okay.
Here are a few things that you can do to get back to being your usual happy self:
- Light – natural light is said to be healing, so get out in the sunshine! If that’s a little too hard to come by, candles and fairy lights are basically the next best thing.
- Exercise – have you ever worked out and then regretted it? I doubt it, and there’s a reason for that. When you exercise, the body releases endorphins, which boost your mood.
- Relax – if the above is not really your thing (I completely understand, I won’t judge) why not take a hot bath or make a den to snuggle up in and watch your favourite movies.
- Talk about it – sometimes we can’t fix things on our own, we need a little help. Although friends don’t always have a solution, they can offer their time and a lot of laughter (which I’ve heard is the best medicine anyway).
- Spend time with a pet – animals are usually very intuitive. They can tell when you’re upset and will try to cheer you up in their own adorable way.
- Write it out – when you can’t figure out what’s getting you down, it really helps to write it down.. Some people even burn it afterwards to symbolise destroying the negative feelings.
- Nature – I was once told that looking at a tree makes you feel happier, I then laughed at this seemingly ridiculous notion. I have grown since then, appreciating that a stroll through the woods or a trek up a mountain can actually make you feel great.
- Meditate – take some time to breathe and be still, it’s something we often forget to do. Clear your head.
What lifts you up when you’re feeling down?