The final month of summer has come to an end, it’s warm days and bright mornings soon to be replaced by the cooler, crisp mornings that September eventually brings. Here are my August favourites…
- Skincare: As this month has had its fair share of wonderful sunny weather, I’ve been using The Body Shop‘s Coconut Scrub to exfoliate (it smells like a holiday) before moisturising with Nivea‘s Refreshingly Soft Moisturising Cream to prep my skin for days outdoors.
- Makeup: Over the past few weeks, I’ve spent a lot of days almost bare-faced, the exception being my Volume Glamour Ultra Care Mascara by Bourjois as it makes your lashes look exceptionally long and full, without any irritation. When I have worn makeup, Vichy‘s Dermablend Setting Powder has quashed any worry I might have about getting a shiny face.
- Clothes: I’ve always thought that I didn’t suit sunglasses, however I recently met cat eye sunglasses and then proceeded to fall in love with them – mine are from Topshop and French Connection. I also seem to be hoarding an awful lot of printed trousers (mostly by H&M!), perhaps I should get a leopard print pair to match the shades?
- Nails: You can never go wrong with a classic red nail polish, especially Chanel‘s in the fabulously named colour ‘Dragon’.
- Entertainment: Having exhausted Pride and Prejudice (yes I watched the BBC series and yes, I loved it) I moved onto Sense and Sensibility. Jane Austen’ sharp wit is second to none. During my time spent travelling on trains and planes, I often doodle so I think Hirameki is marvellous; you are presented with a page of what can only be described as painted blobs, around which you imagine and then draw images. It’s better than it sounds, promise. Finally, if you haven’t already, go check out Mihaela Noroc’s Instagram page ‘the.atlas.of.beauty’.
What have you been loving this month?